OpenWind® Enterprise is a wind project design and optimization software application created to provide professional wind developers with a highly configurable toolbox of capabilities that extend beyond energy capture. Using industry-leading geographical information systems (GIS) interface, users can optimize for cost of energy, assess deep array impacts, define and analyze strategies for managed shut-down of turbines, and manage uncertainty.
Key features include:
- Cost of Energy Optimization
- Deep Array Wake Model
- Directional Curtailment, Inflow Angle, Turbulence
- Effective Turbulence Intensity (IEC61400-1 Ed3 Annex)
- Mass-conservation Wind Flow Model (Wind Map)
- Shadow Flicker Module
- Noise Model
- Time Series Energy Capture (8760s, 12X24)
- Turbine Scheduling (Noise, Bat, Shadow-Flicker, Curtailments)
- Uncertainty Module
- Zone of Visual Impact Model
New! openWind® Basic
OpenWind® Basic is designed to be a cost-effective solution that provides wind project developers and individual customers with some of the superior functionality found in the Enterprise edition.
Key features include:
- Shadow Flicker Module: Quickly calculate shadow flicker minutes based on turbine orientation and wind speed distribution.
- Multi-Threaded Wind Mapping: Run more simulations in less time.
- Enhanced User Interface: Advanced GIS-style functionality and logic with the ability to manipulate vector objects.
More Information and Pricing
If you would like to receive a demonstration or pricing details on openWind Enterprise or Basic software contact sales.
|Description of Feature||Basic||Enterprise|
|Authentication of Reports||x|
|Cost of Energy Optimization||x|
|Cross-platform (Runs on Windows/Linux/Unix, 32bit and 64 bit)||x||x|
|Deep Array Wake Model (DAWM)||x|
|Directional Curtailment, Inflow Angle, Turbulence||x|
|Effective Turbulence Intensity (IEC61400-1 Ed3 Annex D)||x|
|Gridded Turbine Layouts||x|
|ISO 9613 Noise Model||x||x|
|Layer Logic and Layer Validity (with buffer setting)||x||x|
|Mass-conservation Wind Flow Model (WindMap)||x||x|
|Non-Ideal Performance Losses||x|
|Optimization Respecting Noise||x||x|
|Siting and Optimization for Large Constrained Sites||x|
|Standard Wake Models (Park, Modified Park, Eddy Viscosity)||x||x|
|Time-Series Energy Capture (8760s, 12x24s)||x|
|Turbine Scheduling (Noise, Bat, Shadow-Flicker Curtailments)||x|
|Validated Energy Capture||x||x|
|Zones of Visual Impact Model||x||x|
Call UsNorth America: