Offshore Wind Energy Services
Leading in Offshore Wind
Offshore wind farm development presents its own set of unique challenges. Limited access to onsite hub-height wind resource measurements makes it more difficult to fully characterize the wind resource in offshore environments. Overcoming this challenge requires a variety of creative solutions.
AWS Truepower provides developers, owners, lenders, investors, and government and non-government agencies with innovative solutions to a full-range of offshore wind energy needs. From wind resource and energy assessment, to oceanographic studies, to wind farm layout and design, your project’s success is our priority. Our offshore team specializes in the management and integration of the multi-disciplinary aspects of offshore wind development and has designed and assessed nearly 100,000 MW of wind projects, both on land and offshore.
Offshore Wind Consulting Services
In the offshore and coastal development arenas, AWS Truepower designs and implements offshore wind resource assessments and met-ocean studies, including met tower design and review. We employ innovative measurement approaches using buoys, fixed and floating platforms, and remote-sensing technologies for wind measurement and atmospheric characterization. We are also a leader in offshore studies that are paving the way for the development of a viable offshore industry in the United States, including cost-benefit analyses, industry data needs assessments, and the evaluation of new technologies.
Learn more about our offshore solutions:
- Project Development Support
- Independent Engineering and Due Diligence Services
- Performance Assessment
- Forecasting & Grid Integration
- Policy and Planning Support
AWS Truepower is an active member of the offshore wind community. In 2003 we prompted the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) to form the Offshore Wind Working Group, which was lead for several years by AWS Truepower President and CEO, Dr. Bruce Bailey. Our offshore wind collaboration activities are also reflected by involvement in over two dozen U.S. and international offshore wind conferences. Other offshore leadership roles include:
- Facilitator and co-author of “A Framework for Offshore Wind Energy Development in the United States” on behalf of the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative, US Department of Energy and General Electric.
- Primary author of the “New Jersey Offshore Wind Energy Feasibility Study” for the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities.
- Part of 2011 US Department of Energy team of experts to identify sites for high offshore potential and grid interconnection for all US coastal regions.
- We are at the forefront of wake model research. View the video “New Research on Wake Models Improves Predictions”