Minor updates are free, but customers using versions 1, 2, or 3 must pay to upgrade to version 4.
Version 4.1.5 (March 7, 2018)
- Allowed zero-width shaded sector in Flag Tower Shading window.
- Fixed bug causing occasional crash when reconstructing data sets.
- Fixed bug where WindographerMCP failed to refresh fully after some changes to the list of onsite or reference data sets.
Version 4.1.4 (March 2, 2018)
- Added concurrency requirement as an option in Turbulence Analysis window.
- Added ability to read from and write to MySQL databases.
- Fixed bug causing occasional problems in Configure Data Set window.
- Fixed bug preventing y-axis from autoscaling in time series graphs.
Version 4.1.3 (February 14, 2018 ♥♥♥)
- Improved WindographerMCP onsite reference periods table to allow concurrency option.
- Improved WindographerMCP onsite reference periods to report valid concurrent speed and direction data, rather than just speed.
- Added KML export to WindographerMCP Onsite and Reference tabs.
- Improved daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual stats tables by highlighting periods with insufficient data coverage.
- Fixed bug stopping license activation from Initiate Free Trial window in some cases.
- Fixed bug causing crash under certain Unicode settings if the file path contained Unicode characters.
- Fixed bug where MCP tables reported incorrect number of time steps for below-cutoff division.
Version 4.1.2 (February 1, 2018)
- Updated RLD import logic to work with latest version of SymphoniePRO Desktop.
- Fixed bug causing instability in Configure Data Set window.
- Fixed bug causing invalid speeds when extrapolating speeds using log law.
Version 4.1.1 (January 22, 2018)
- Fixed bug causing WindographerMCP to crash when reading certain files.
- Added ‘select all’ checkbox to Wind Shear Analysis window.
Version 4.1 (January 19, 2018)
- Added new MCP module capable of handling multiple onsite and reference data sets. (Full capability available to subscription licensees only.)
- Added handling of boom orientation.
- Added boom orientation to Calibration window.
- Added combine-by-boom-orientation to Combine Anemometers window.
- Added by-boom-orientation mode to Flag Tower Shading window.
- Added logic to read boom orientation from RLD and NDF files.
- Added displacement height to the Configure Data Set window.
- Improvements to Configure Data Set window:
- Faster processing
- New Copy Data Column(s) button
- New Convert to Static Column(s) button
- New ability to specify measured TI columns
- Improved Vertical Extrapolation window:
- New more flexible and more realistic method of extrapolating speed SD data.
- Now allows extrapolation from a specific sensor or the line of best fit
- Now allows user to specify the type of lookup table to be used for backup when in by-time-step mode
- Now shows a preview of synthesized data columns
- Added option to compare extrapolated time series with column in another (or same) data set.
- Improved extrapolation of speed SD data to mimic measured shear patterns much more closely.
- Added save button to Flag Manually window
- Improvements to Document History window:
- Complete reporting of vertical extrapolation, gap filling, and scaling processes
- Added Reviewers tab
- Improvements to Tower Distortion Analysis window:
- Window is now modeless, meaning one can leave it open while using other windows
- New option to subdivide by year or month
- Graphs now indicate boom orientation
- Improved Data Recovery Analysis window
- New option to display data coverage chart of valid or invalid data
- New table showing missing data
- New option to report valid time steps rather than data recovery rate
- Added ‘Openwind’ Weibull fit algorithm.
- Added the ability to choose a Weibull fit algorithm in Tools > Options.
- Improvements to Combine Anemometers window:
- Now creates combined max column as well as combined SD column
- New option to combine by boom orientation
- New option to use reconstruct-and-average when combining:
- Added to Fill Gaps window the option to replace data flagged to exclude.
- Improved gap fill process to reconstruct co-located speed sensors first, using regression-by-sector, before doing shear-based reconstruction.
- Improved Wind Shear Analysis window
- Added speed SD shear.
- Added option to calculate from MoMM or simple mean.
- Improved Compare Data Sets window:
- Added option to display sensor nearest X metres in height
- Added speed frequency graph
- Added TI-vs-height and TI-vs-speed graphs
- Added Special Adjustments window to perform NRG TI adjustment.
- Improvements to the Tables tab:
- New ‘Data Channel Summary’ table
- New ‘Quarterly Statistics’ table
- New ‘Daily Statistics’ table
- New ‘Calibration History’ table
- New ‘Combined Wind Speed Sensor’ table
- New ‘Statistics by day of year and hour of day’ table
- New ‘Statistics by hour of year’ table
- Added MoMM to Data Columns table
- Added MoMM and energy-weighted density to Environmental Summary table.
- Improvements to calculated column capability:
- New calculated column type for speed SD shear parameter.
- New calculated column type ‘Dew point’
- New calculated column type ‘Inflow angle’
- New calculated column type ‘First difference’
- New calculated column type ‘Density-adjusted wind speed’
- New calculated column type ‘Energy-weighted air density’
- New option to auto-create a ratio column for co-located speed sensor pairs
- New option to control whether to use the ISA to synthesize temperature or pressure data for air density calculated column
- Improvements to data import process:
- Added separate control of append overwrite settings for numeric data and flag status
- Improved data column identification (and association) logic
- Improved import of ASOS files, MM files
- Windog file now stores folder from which the user most recently imported data. The File > Append process now takes you to that folder by default when appending again.
- Improvements to Openwind export format:
- Added gust factor
- Added ability to specify temperature sensor when exporting single-level file.
- Added option to use AWST air density assumptions.
- Improvements to Wind Turbine Output window:
- New option to display results in 8760 and 365×24 tables
- New option to disable air density adjustment
- Improved Representative Year window to encompass multiple data columns.
- Added ‘frequency & energy’ display option to the Wind Rose tab.
- Improved Apply Scale and Offset window to allow scaling by month, hour of day, or sector.
- Added trend and discontinuity testing to Long Term Analysis window.
- Improved MTS algorithm:
- Added option to subdivide by year divisions.
- Added option to window bins on joint probability distribution.
- Updated database interface to revision 6 by adding displacement height and boom orientation.
- Added option to specify different flags for different reconstruction processes.
- Added user preference to use AWST air density assumptions.
- Added ability to specify height of RH column.
Version 4.0.28 (October 4, 2017)
- Improved import of WindSim and Kintech data files.
- Fixed bug causing some wind rose diagrams to display incorrect units.
- Fixed bug preventing change of colors on the diurnal profile and histogram graphs.
- Fixed bug preventing template from setting temperature and pressure units.
Version 4.0.27 (July 17, 2017)
- Improved filter logic to handle direction ranges that span true north.
Version 4.0.26 (June 13, 2017)
- Fixed bug in Time Series tab of Export Data window where invisible columns confused the checkbox list of columns.
- Fixed small bug where calculation of air pressure at each height of MM2 export file failed to account for height above ground.
Version 4.0.25 (June 6, 2017)
- Fixed display problems on ultra-high-resolution monitors.
- Fixed bug in the calibration of SD data columns imported from NSD files.
- Solved bug causing Windographer to detect incorrect time step in NSD files in rare circumstances.
Version 4.0.24 (March 10, 2017)
- Changed MCP reference time offset options to number of reference time steps, rather than time steps of comparison.
Version 4.0.23 (January 17, 2017)
- Fixed bug in Openwind MM1 file export logic that caused problems in time steps missing temperature or standard deviation data.
- Fixed bug causing calibration problems when appending RLD files.
- Small change to import logic to improve identification of columns in Triton data files.
Version 4.0.22 (January 5, 2017)
- Added option to export XML metadata.
- Made ‘append folder’ process work through subfolders recursively.
- Fixed bug in MTS algorithm that caused it to add excessive variability on occasion.
- Fixed bug where Openwind export scaling worked in the preview window, but not in the exported file.
Version 4.0.21 (November 30, 2016)
- Improved stability and usability of Windographer Data Downloader.
- Fixed bug on MCP import page preventing some changes to inputs.
- Fixed bug preventing novaPDF from installing correctly in some cases.
- Added automatic color assignment to database import if database does not specify colors.
Version 4.0.20 (November 10, 2016)
- Added option to scale time series data exported to Openwind.
- Changed the way the user specifies the amount of time to offset MCP reference data.
Version 4.0.19 (September 12, 2016)
- Added option to download MERRA-2 data from Windnavigator.
- Improved append process by flagging invalid value specified in Configure window.
- Fixed bug where Extreme Wind Analysis window always used Weibull k from the first speed sensor, not the selected speed sensor. This affected the EWTS method directly, but also the other methods if you were preconditioning using the Weibull k.
Version 4.0.18 (August 16, 2016)
- Added check for valid pressure units in Configure Data Set window.
- Solved bug causing possibility of incorrect units after appending data to an empty data set.
Version 4.0.17 (August 10, 2016)
- Changed MGM export to make the RH column appear at the height of the lowest temperature or pressure column, and to extract the station number from the site name or file name.
- Removed option to download MERRA and MERRA-2 data from NASA due to a change in their download mechanism.
Version 4.0.16 (June 29, 2016)
- Fixed bug preventing data coverage chart from showing gap at the end of the period of record.
- Improved import of data files with European number formatting.
- Improved import of WindSim TWS format.
Version 4.0.15 (June 7, 2016)
- Fixed bugs introduced in v4.0.14 related to graphs remembering their settings.
- Fixed bug preventing a direction column’s associated speed column from being set to <none>.
- Fixed bug causing data coverage chart to display incorrectly when showing data sets with different start times and different lengths.
Version 4.0.14 (May 5, 2016)
- Added option to download MERRA-2 data for free from NASA.
- Added ability to export to Turkish MGM format.
- Small improvements to data import logic.
- Small changes to calibration logic.
Version 4.0.13 (Pi Day 2016)
- Small change to import logic to improve handling of Ammonit data files.
Version 4.0.12 (March 1, 2016)
- Improved stability of Windographer Data Downloader.
- Added ability to open RLD files from the new SymphoniePRO data logger.
- Improved RWD file import process, added option to ignore site files.
- Added ability to specify PIN number when opening encrypted RWD files.
- Improved NSD import process to read calibration constants and serial numbers.
- Added ability to read instrument serial numbers when importing NDF files.
- Added ‘swap axes’ button to Scatter Plot tab.
Version 4.0.11 (December 8, 2015)
- Added ability to read instrument serial numbers from NDF files during import.
- Added indication of when calibration changes occur during multi-file append.
- Fixed bug causing turbulence rose to appear incorrectly in summary report.
- Fixed bug that slowed the multi-file append process.
- Fixed bug causing MCP process to overwrite measured direction values even if user requests otherwise.
Version 4.0.10 (November 9, 2015)
- Added ability to read Fulcrum 3D SODAR files.
- Fixed bug causing occasional crash during MCP performance test.
- Changed wind veer calculated column to report positive and negative wind veer rates.
Version 4.0.9 (October 22, 2015)
- Fixed bug causing incorrect air density in Openwind MM2 export files if pressure units are not kPa.
- Additional improvement to efficiency of MCP performance test process.
Version 4.0.8 (October 19, 2015)
- Improved efficiency of MCP performance test process to avoid out-of-memory errors..
Version 4.0.7 (October 7, 2015)
- Fixed bug (dating from v4.0.5) in Maximum Likelihood Method Weibull fit algorithm.
- Added tabular display option to the rotor-equivalent wind speed window.
- Added option to perform two-step file save process.
- Small changes to data import process to improve interpretation of ASC and WRF files.
Version 4.0.6 (September 14, 2015)
- Fixed bug occasionally causing erroneously high extrapolated wind speed standard deviations.
- Added randomness to extrapolated turbulence for more realistic representative TI.
Version 4.0.5 (September 4, 2015)
- Added option to include solar radiation data when downloading NASA MERRA data.
- Made all mean direction calculations report vector means.
- Switched to Yamartino method for calculating standard deviation of directional data.
- Small bug fixes.
Version 4.0.4 (August 12, 2015)
- Added a diagram to clarify rotor-equivalent wind speed inputs.
- Fixed bug that always set elevation units to metres above sea level when reading pre-v4 windog files, even if the elevation were in feet.
Version 4.0.3 (July 24, 2015)
- Fixed bug causing calibration errors during some append processes.
Version 4.0.2 (July 3, 2015)
- Restored the ability to save and apply templates.
- Fixed bug in vertical extrapolation process causing incorrect results when extrapolating to multiple heights from calculated columns.
- Fixed bug preventing favorite flag rules from working with database import.
- Tiny fixes to header of Brazilian EPE export format.
- Restored Windows XP compatibility.
Version 4.0.1 (June 5, 2015)
- Improved RWD file import to handle European-style number formatting of calibration constants.
- Several user interface improvements to Windographer Data Downloader.
- Several small bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 4.0 (May 18, 2015)
- New Calibration window.
- Expanded calculated column capability with many new options.
- Ability to import much larger text files.
- New ability to hide data columns from graphs and drop-down boxes.
- Document History window now displays a complete list of configuration changes.
- New Combine Anemometers window for combining co-located anemometers.
- Easier sharing of favorite flags and flag rules within a team.
- New ability to scale (rather than lengthen) the target data set in MCP module.
- MCP performance test now compares different settings as well as different algorithms.
- MCP performance test now allows multiple iterations to help determine uncertainty.
- Vertical Extrapolation window now includes turbulence, directions, and temperatures.
- New ability to export multiple-height data to Openwind in the form of an MM2 file.
- Gap fill process now offers option of shear-based reconstruction only.
- Gap fill process now generates more realistic turbulence data.
- Turbulence Analysis window now shows data for all heights at once.
- New Representative Year module for creating ‘typical year’ of data.
- New Forecast Error Analysis module.
- New concurrency option on Diurnal Pattern tab.
- New ability to open ZPH files from ZephIR.
- New ability to offset direction values in TAB files.
Version 3.3.11 (March 28, 2016)
- Small change to data import logic to improve handling of European number formats.
Version 3.3.10 (October 8, 2015)
- Added the ability to work with Excel 2016.
- Added option to perform two-step save process.
- Fixed bug in air density calculation when elevation was specified in feet. This bug affected v3 only.
Version 3.3.9 (June 29, 2015)
- Fixed bug preventing favorite flag rules from working with database import.
- Tiny fixes to header of Brazilian EPE export format.
Version 3.3.8 (February 26, 2015)
- Improved processing speed.
- Improved support for Unicode files in the import process.
- Changed TAB file export to report latitude and longitude to more decimals.
Version 3.3.7 (February 4, 2015)
- Improved gap fill algorithm’s handling of long gaps.
Version 3.3.6 (January 8, 2015)
- Added ability to import Turkish MGM file format.
- Fixed bug causing occasional crash on Synthesis tab of MCP window.
- Added included and excluded flags to the header of exported time series text files.
Version 3.3.5 (October 9, 2014)
- Added Brazilian EPE export format.
- Improved flag rules to handle direction ranges spanning true north.
- Improved handling of non-Unicode language settings.
Version 3.3.4 (September 19, 2014)
- Improved Mean by Month table to show vector mean directions.
- Improved Monthly Statistics and Annual Statistics tables to show more info for direction columns.
- Improved text export from monthly and annual time series graphs.
- Eliminated risk of out-of-memory crash when saving large .windog files.
Version 3.3.3 (June 30, 2014)
- Added Weibull Statistics by Month table to the Tables tab.
- Fixed bug causing incorrect normalization in TAB files with seasonal bias removed in rare cases.
- Improved import of Vortex data files.
- Changed WindSim TWS file export to use European number format in header.
Version 3.3 (May 27, 2014)
- Added new Append Status window and made multi-file append process more robust.
- Enabled multiple-file import by dragging and dropping a folder into Windographer.
- Added menu items for Open Folder and Append Folder.
- Improved data import logic to increase robustness.
- Improved ability to handle files containing thousands of data columns.
- Improved detection of first and last line of data.
- Improved time step detection when reading NSD files.
- Improved data column type detection when reading Campbell Scientific files.
- Allowed multiple selection of flags in Define Flags and Define Favorite Flags windows.
Version 3.2 (January 16, 2014)
- Added free download of MERRA data via Windographer Data Downloader beta.
- Added scaling of TAB files to a particular wind speed.
- MCP window now allows up to twelve yearly divisions.
- Compare Data Sets window now offers option to filter for the overlap period.
- Now stack up to three time series graphs. Watch Video
- Tower Distortion Analysis window now shows differences as well as ratios.
- Made flag rules obey default flag filtering in search columns.
Version 3.1 (April 17, 2013)
- Added tabular display to the Flag Manually window.
- Added to the Flag by Scatter Plot window triangular and free-form selection options.
- Added the ability to test flag rules before executing them.
- Added the Inspect and Remove Flags window.
- Added ‘stacked bars’ wind rose style to Wind Rose tab.
- Added Export Image window.
- Added Fix Quantization window, which randomizes quantized data to improve the performance of extreme wind or MCP analyses.
- Improved Document History window: a double click now brings up a new window showing additional details.
- Improved TAB file export by reporting mean of time series and of TAB file.
- Added ability to export Windfarmer WTI files.
- Added the ability to export to SAM, the System Advisor Model.
- Added to the Delete Data window the ability to delete data points not flagged with specified flags.
- Made all flag windows warn on cancel if it will result in lost changes.
Version 3.0 (August 27, 2012)
- A new measure-correlate-predict (MCP) module
- A new Compare Data Sets window to compare graphically two or more data sets
- A new Extreme Wind Analysis window that implements the Method of Independent Storms
- A new ability to flag by scatter plot
- A new ability to define your own calculated data columns
- A greatly improved Wind Turbine Output window and expanded turbine library
- Multiple temperature and pressure sensors at different heights
- New relative humidity data column type
- Expanded database interface to handle new data column types
- New abilities to analyze wind veer, temperature profile, and long-term trends
- New minimum data coverage requirements for averaging to longer time steps
- More powerful and more flexible data import capability
Version 2.4.14 (January 8, 2015)
- Allowed import process to accept 2015 data.
Version 2.4.13 (August 23, 2013)
- Added support for Excel 2013.
Version 2.4.12 (June 20, 2013)
- Fixed bug where flag-specific data deletion ignored date range.
Version 2.4.11 (January 16, 2013)
- Allowed Tower Distortion Analysis window to analyze speed sensors at different heights.
Version 2.4.10 (October 22, 2012)
- Made optional the flagging of vertically extrapolated wind speeds as synthetic.
- Improved import of Kintech .wnd files.
- Improved detection of delimiters in imported files.
Version 2.4.9 (September 13, 2012)
- Added the ability to read .windog files created by Windographer 3.0
- Updated PDF utility to make it work with 64-bit systems
Version 2.4.8 (September 5, 2012)
- Fixed bug preventing Triton turbulence data from appearing in the Summary Report
Version 2.4.7 (June 19, 2012)
- Fixed bug causing start/middle/end-of-interval setting to apply only to first file during multiple file append process.
Version 2.4.6 (March 22, 2012)
- Added ability to import .wt files into Append Data window via Load Settings button.
- Added ‘Wind Speed Statistics for Synthesis’ table to Tables tab.
- Improved import of 3Tier and Vortex data files.
- Improved support for Oracle database integration.
- Fixed bug with “never overwrite” append setting.
- Fixed bug causing occasional mistakes when moving flags (and rules) to or from favorites.
- Fixed bug causing ‘changes more than’ search criterion to work incorrectly
Version 2.4.5 (January 6, 2012)
- Added Openwind export option.
- Allowed symbol size change in scatter plots.
- Reduced use of Windows number format to time series export only.
Version 2.4.4 (October 19, 2011)
- Improved import of Windcube data files.
Version 2.4.3 (October 3, 2011)
- Improved import of Triton data files.
- Changed TAB file export to use the dot decimal separator regardless of your Windows number format.
Version 2.4.2 (August 11, 2011)
- Added support for proxy connections for users behind firewalls.
- Fixed flag filtering bug on the Scatter Plot tab.
- Made the Export Data > Time Series tab save its settings.
Version 2.4.1 (July 20, 2011)
- Fixed bug in process of appending one .windog file to another.
- Improved export of flags to database, sending only the newly added, deleted, or modified flags.
Version 2.4 (June 30, 2011)
- Added database import/export capability.
- Added to the Histogram tab the option to bin by month or by time of day.
- Added user name to the Document History window.
- Added computer-level licensing.
- Fixed bug in WAsP algorithm for fitting Weibull distribution.
- Reduced memory requirements for the gap fill process.
Version 2.3 (May 18, 2011)
- Improved the append process by adding the Append Data window.
- Improved gap fill logic to account more accurately for diurnal and seasonal patterns.
- Added option for computer-level licensing.
- Changed export files to use the Windows number format.
- Improved image resolution of graphs in reports.
- Changed Meteodyn export to include lines with missing values and to use .tim extension.
- Fixed bug in reading of lat/long from NDF files.
- Added bin size control to Wind Shear Analysis window.
- Improved import of ZephIR data files.
Version 2.2 (December 8, 2010)
- Added Inflow Angle Analysis window.
- Added Data Recovery Analysis window.
- Improved import of Triton, ZephIR, ASC, and Windcube data files.
Version 2.1 (August 23, 2010)
- Added ability to open NDF files from the Nomad2 data logger
- Added ability to open NSD files from the NRG Symphonie data logger.
- Added option to not use fractional completeness factors in calculation of mean of monthly means.
- Improved data import.
- Added the ability to change font sizes in graphs via the Properties window.
Version 2.0 (April 30, 2010)
- New data flagging and filtering capability. Watch Video
- Improved Vertical Extrapolation module.
- New Tower Distortion Analysis module.
- New Short Time Interval Analysis module.
- Improved ability to interpret Triton SoDAR data files.
- Improved WAsP tab file export including ability to remove seasonal bias.
- Improved ability to import RWD files.
- New Meteodyn export format.
Version 1.52 (January 7, 2014)
- Fixed bug preventing earlier versions from reading 2014 data files.
Version 1.51 (October 18, 2012)
- Fixed bug in WAsP Weibull fit algorithm.
Version 1.50 (January 5, 2012)
- Fixed bug preventing version 1.49 from reading 2012 data files.
Version 1.49 (November 18, 2010)
- Fixed bug in Virtual Anemometer window causing incorrect calculations when extrapolating to multiple heights.
- Added ability to import Excel files using Excel 2010.
Version 1.48 (September 8, 2010)
- Fixed bug causing wind shear data columns to have incorrect values for time steps in which one or more wind speed sensors reported no data.
Version 1.47 (October 23, 2009)
- Improved reading of latitude and longitude from raw data files.
- Added latitude and longitude to time series export files.
- Added support for Unicode text files.
Version 1.46 (May 19, 2009)
- Fixed bug preventing time stamps from appearing in data files exported from time series graphs.
- Fixed bug that caused occasional crashes when appending data.
Version 1.45 (March 18, 2009)
- Fixed bug that caused an out-of-memory error.
- Fixed bug that prevented the automatic application of a template when appending data files.
Version 1.44 (March 12, 2009)
- Fixed bug causing scatter plot to display incorrectly when X and Y columns contained dissimilar gaps.
Version 1.43 (March 10, 2009)
- Fixed bug that disabled the File > Append button in the toolbar.
Version 1.42 (March 5, 2009)
- Fixed bug in Configure Data Set window relating to units of temperature and pressure columns.
- Fixed bug in Quality Control window preventing you from deleting the last time step.
Version 1.41 (March 2, 2009)
- Improved the ability to recognize the date format in Excel files.
Version 1.4 (February 26, 2009)
- Added the Reports tab allowing export of PDF reports.
- Added the Time Shift window.
- Improved the Wind Shear Analysis window.
- Improved the Extreme Wind Analysis window.
- Improved data import.
Version 1.3 (October 4, 2008)
- Improved Export Data window, added WindSim export formats.
- Improved Gap Fill window.
- Improved Turbulence Analysis window.
Version 1.2 (May 6, 2008)
- Improved Turbulence Analysis window to conform to IEC 61400–1 3rd Edition.
- Added TAB file export.
- Added Delete Data window.
- Added Wind Turbine Output Tool window.
- Improved data import logic.
Version 1.1 (March 12, 2007)
- Changed shear calculation to require concurrent measurements in all speed sensors.
- Added the ability to import .RWD files.
- Overhauled Quality Control window.
- Added the Tower Shading Analysis window
- Improved data import logic.
- Added turbine output window.
- Added Turbulence Analysis window.
Version 1.0 (September 26, 2005)
- Initial release.