Grid Management and Planning Services
We understand the impact of centralized and distributed solar and wind technologies on the grid and the importance of reliable and economical operations. Our team has played an essential role in grid integration studies and the development of customized tools and datasets to support them. With simulated wind and solar resource data, we help planners, utility professionals, aggregators, and energy service providers manage and mitigate variability, including energy storage facilities.
Combining our advanced models with production data, we provide site-specific energy-generation profiles. The synthesized data characterizes critical seasonal and diurnal generation patterns, power ramp behavior, and resource variability with generation on time scales of seconds to years. Our advanced techniques allow us to create power and resource profiles for historical or future time periods to support a wide range of client needs.
- Capacity Expansion Modeling & Infrastructure Planning
- Transmission & Distribution Planning & Investment
- Grid Reliability Sensitivity Studies
- High Penetration Scenarios & Modeling for DER
- Optimization of Future Wind & Solar Plant Build-out on Grids Estimating Potential Wind & Solar Plant Capacity
- High Frequency, Sub-Hourly Power & Resource Profiles (Seconds to Hour) Load Coincidence Studies
- Demand Response Planning
- Smart & Micro-Grid Storage Optimization Studies
- Resource Mapping